Workshop 1 Title: Ready …. Set …. Go!
Career Exploration, High School Transcripts & Course
Selection, AP Classes, College Planning and College Visits
- The Career Interest Inventory: A gateway to the College Exploration process
- What are they looking for? How to make you and your High School Transcript credentials appealing to colleges
- Make a “real” list of prospective colleges based on personality, interest, GPA and Test Scores
- Pack your bags and prepare for the Campus Tour
Workshop 2 Title: “Testing, Testing 1, 2, 3”
Preparing for the PSAT, SAT, SAT II, PLAN & ACT, AP
- Taking the SAT, SAT II, ACT, and APs
- The College Board & ACT-Registration and Score Reports
- Are the SAT and ACT equal?
- How much weight do test results hold in the application process?
- Test Taking Strategies that Work
- When should we ask for help?
- Choosing the right test prep
Workshop 3 Title: “No Job is Complete Until the Paperwork is Done!”
The College Essay, Resume, Admissions and Application Process
- Make your College Essay stand out from the rest and enhances the application
- Create and maintain a “knock-out” resume of interests, awards, skills, work experience & community service
- The Application: Who does what? Parents, Students, Teachers, and Counselor
- Get a “head-start” and greater comfort level with Admissions and Applications
Workshop 4 Title: “How It All Adds Up”
Financial Planning: Financial Aid Facts, FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), CSS, Stafford, 529 College Savings Plan, Scholarships
- Why everyone should apply
- Types of Aid
- What’s it going to cost?
- How many loans will I need?
- How do colleges package financial aid, loans, scholarships, and grants?
- How much average debt do students graduate with?