College Planning is an individual and personalized service that can help both parents and students decide on the best college to attend. These are services that the majority of High School Counselors usually cannot provide due to the large number of students that they assist each school year. All colleges are good however the “best” college is the one that is right for you. We’ll help you make the right choice and have confidence in your future!
There are more than 3000 colleges and universities in the US and Canada. With this number of opportunities, what steps to take and when to take them can overwhelm even the most diligent and determined student and their parents. When should we start the process? What are benefits to starting early? Eduscape Associates can help navigate the process and help you avoid confusion and frustration making the college planning process painless!
College Planning Program Descriptions
Let Us Help You Demystify the College Process
Freshman and Sophomore Year Programs Cover These Topics:
- Review of Academic Record – School records are important. Colleges will look for these so you should be sure to have them ready and up-to-date.
- Advice on Course Selection – The courses you take in High School can help you become “academically ready” for college; it’s important to choose wisely.
- Recommendations on Extra-Curricular involvement and Summer Activities – Be sure to choose something you have an interest in and a passion for and not something you think may look good on a resume.
- How to make high school a successful endeavor – Getting good grades and being actively involved in High School are crucial. All colleges look for these things!
- Recommended resources – There is a lot of information out there and we’ll give you tips on the ideas and information you’ll need.
- Testing Recommendations: SAT, ACT, SAT II, AP – What is good for me?
$475 Includes Four 1 hour sessions
Junior and Senior Year Program Covers These Topics:
- Testing Recommendations – Which is right for you? We’ll discuss the pros and cons and help you decide.
- Complimentary Initial Parent-Student Interview – Our individual and private discussion with student and parents to discuss goals, hopes and dreams.
- Career Assessment/Interest Inventory – Our assessment tools can help you define and plan your choice of careers.
- List of “Interest” Careers – What do you want to do with your life? It’s a big question, but we can help you think it through and set your sights on your goals.
- Career and College Alignment – Early in Junior year, we’ll help you create a “wish-list” of colleges that match with your career goals.
- Campus Visits – We recommend that you visit schools of interest during the school year and will give you tips on what to look for when you do.
- List of Preferred and Realistic Colleges/Universities – Together, we’ll fine-tune your college list so that by the end of Junior Year, you can choose 12 schools to realistically apply to.
- Complimentary Initial Parent/Student Interview – an individual and private discussion with student and parents to discuss your goals.
- Finalized List of Colleges – This is your fine-tuned list of the 12 schools to realistically send your applications to.
- Assistance with completion of 12 College Applications – We’ll help you complete and organize your college applications by assisting you with your essay, resume, teacher recommendations, and supplemental material. Timing is important and we provide reminders throughout the process.
- College Essay: Topic Selection, Research, Draft, Revisions, Final Product – We provide step-by-step guidance to help you from start to finished product.
- Resume of Activities, Awards and Special Recognition – This is your personal profile of extracurricular accomplishments and an important component of your resume.
- Guidance and Organization of Letters of Recommendation – Teachers? Mentors? Guidance Counselors? We’ll discuss who are the right people to provide the best recommendations for you.
- Accepted to several Colleges and not sure what to do? We’re still with you and will advise you until a final decision is made.
- Advising and leveraging Scholarships and Financial Aid are also an essential piece of the puzzle. You can count on us!
$3800 Full Payment
Payment Plan Available (Choose Pay by Check)
- $2500 – Program Commencement
- $ 650 – 2nd Installment
- $650 – Final Installment
Individual Series Program covers:
These services are billed on an hourly rate- call for information
- College Essay: Topic Selection, Research, Draft, Revisions, Final Product -We provide guidance step-by-step to help you from start to finished product.
- Individual College Applications – We’ll help you complete and organize your college applications by assisting you with your essay, resume, teacher recommendations and supplemental material. Timing is important and we provide reminders.
- Any college service(s) of your choice – if you have specific needs such as application assistance or essay writing, our flexible services can assist you with the topic or topics of your choice.